In aid of Father’s Day tomorrow I’m sharing another healthy and tasty recipe from Organix. Dads deserve a treat too, especially if they are one of the awesome dudes I thanked in Thursday’s post, and these French Toast Stacks with Strawberries are yummy.
Organix top tip: “Add a sprinkling of seeds or flaked toasted almonds if nuts are not a problem. Chop them up for younger children.”
Makes 1 daddy size portion and 1 little one
From 10 months
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 4 slices fresh bread
- Knob of butter and splash of sunflower/vegetable oil
- Large handful of strawberries
- Dollop of Greek yoghurt
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Sprinkle of seeds / toasted flaked almonds (optional)
- Chop strawberries into quarters and set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow dish with cinnamon (if using), then submerge bread in the egg, ensuring it is thoroughly soaked. Little ones will enjoy getting involved in this part.
- Heat a little butter and a splash of oil in a frying pan, and fry eggy bread over medium heat for approx. 3 minutes each side, until golden.
- Get your little ones to stack the French toast on a plate, add a dollop of yoghurt, a handful of chopped strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Want more Organix treats? See my previous posts below:
And click here to find more delicious and healthy recipes created by the cooks at Organix.