As many of you know, Caterpillar and I are both enthusiastic (albeit very amateur) crafters so I was more than happy to review this dinosaur mosaic kit from Wood & Wonder. I’m a big fan of the retro, timeless look and sustainability of wooden toys, and Wood & Wonder have a great ethos around this and a real passion for the imaginative play inspired by their wooden products. This Mosaic Stegosaurus set looked perfect for Caterpillar’s age and interest.
- Wooden base, with strong, mess-free adhesive already adhered (and portioned off with handy, sectioned plastic backing to allow for easy play)
- Coloured string to make the border (I had to do this part as it was a tad too fiddly for Caterpillar)
- Wooden mosaic pieces of different sizes and colours (including dinosaur face piece)
- You can tell straight away that this is really good quality, the pieces all fit together really well and the adhesive is super strong
- It’s a great way to teach toddlers and preschoolers about colours, sizes and patterns – including lateral thinking for what fits where
- It kept Caterpillar occupied for a decent amount of time and really held his attention throughout
- You end up with a cute piece of artwork your child can display on their bedroom wall
It would have been useful to have some spare pieces as, let’s be honest, young children tend to drop small items and they could roll under furniture etc. Currently, you receive the exact number of pieces you need for the completed mosaic. Also, it would be really brilliant if there was a non-permanent version where the mosaic could be done again and again like a standard puzzle.
At only £7.50 these are really reasonably priced, considering the good quality, and would make perfect birthday presents for your child’s classmates or Christmas stocking fillers. The range also includes a Triceratops, Rooster and Crab.
Overall, I’m really impressed with the product. Great quality materials, a cute design and excellent for developing problem solving and fine motor skills. To view all of Wood & Wonder’s toys and activities visit www.woodandwonder.co.uk.
Disclosure: we received this set in exchange for an honest review. Words & opinions are all my own.