This is easily my simplest recipe to date – and the most naughty – but really delicious. My favourite thing about Rocky Road is that essentially you can add anything you like, and leave out what you’re not so keen on, this is just my personal favourite combination. Check out my Recipe Roundup page for previous foodie posts.
What You Need
- 100g butter
- 350g plain chocolate (most recipes suggest less than this but I always find I need more to really hold everything together)
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- Shortbread or digestive biscuits, smashed into chunks
- Mini marshmallows (you can just cut up regular marshmallows of course but have you ever tried to do this? They are so sticky inside it’s a real pain)
- 2 Cadbury Crunchies, smashed into chunks
- 2 bags of Maltesers, smashed into chunks
- Raisins and/or glacier cherries
- Unsalted cashews or peanuts (for grown-ups or older kids only)
- Line a traybake tin with baking paper or, better yet, buy a disposible tin foil one
- Heat the chocolate, butter & syryp in a saucepan on a gentle heat until everything is melted
- Smash or chop all your remaining goodies
- Combine with the chocolate mixture in a large bowl and pour into the tin
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before slicing into squares or bars and dusting with icing sugar to serve
Tips & Tags
- Switch to milk or white chocolate if preferable.
- Try a new theme for your Rocky Road depending on the season – white chocolate and Mini Eggs for Easter or add spooky jelly sweets & drizzle with green icing for Halloween.
- Are you economising this Christmas? These make a fab homemade gift when stacked in a clear cellophane bag and decorated with a festive ribbon and tag.
- Chop up leftovers for a fab ice cream topping!
Hope you enjoy these treats and please subscribe or follow me on Twitter & Facebook for future recipes as well as general parenting mayhem.
8 comments on “Super Simple Rocky Road”
Yummy! Husband would absolute love these, i’ll have to give them a go. #marvmondays
donna recently posted…Community Recap: Automattic’s Worldwide WordPress 5K
Oh my gosh this looks so yummy and sounds super easy to make. I love rocky road so will definitely be trying this out. Love the idea of giving it as a present too. Who wouldn’t want homemade rocky road as a gift?! x #marvmondays
Ky recently posted…September According to Instagram
Ooh I love rocky road but I have never added crunchie – that must be AMAZING! Yum yum yum. Thanks for linking up with #CookBlogShare
Mandy recently posted…Win Big Tom spicy tomato juice: A “Bloody” Good Addition to Halloween Drinks
I love rocky-road recipes, they’re always so good for adding in or omitting parts that people particularly do or don’t like. #CookBlogShare
This looks so yummy! and surprisingly easy to make too! I think I may give this a go with the little one during half term 🙂 Thanks for sharing it on #MarvMondays, fab recipe! Emily
Oh wow! These look amazing! Thanks for sharing.
This looks absolutely gorgeous!
Oooh I must try this!