I’ll admit, I’ve never considered buying one of the elf advent products because, frankly, I find the elves a little creepy, plus trying to think of different mischief to get them into each day felt a little too much to handle (says the woman who is embarking on an advent activity jar this year!). However, this particular elf has really captured my attention.
Unlike some of his creepier cousins, An Elf For Christmas is completely adorable. I love the fact that he’s a plush and his colours and outfit details are really sweet. As well as the elf himself, the set comes with lots of goodies which involve rewards for good behaviour which is right up our street as we’re a big fan of reward charts in our house. Plus, the pressure is off. Although An Elf For Christmas does come with notes he can hold etc, there’s no pressure for him to be up to a different naughty activity each day etc (which is good when you find yourself running out of creative ideas by 10th Dec).
- Adorable plush elf
- Elf Surveillance reward chart with stickers
- Good Behaviour Awards
- Mini Report Cards (I particularly love these as they are a great tool for giving your children feedback throughout the month in a really fun way)
- Arrival letter
- Letter from Santa
- Goodbye letter from your elf
- Thank you note postcard from your elf on his return to the North Pole
- How cute (and non-scary!) he is!
- The lovely festive design of all the stickers and letters
- The accompanying items really give lots of scope for engaging your child
- An Elf For Christmas encourages lots of good behaviour
- The details – it seems An Elf For Christmas have thought of everything. Santa has even posted a letter online as to why your child may see some elves like theirs in toy shops this holiday season.
- On their website there are lots of free, accompanying activities like colouring sheets, activity pages and printable certificates. You can even register for your child to receive personalised emails from Santa throughout December.
- You have the option to buy a girl elf version if your child prefers
I can’t wait to introduce An Elf For Christmas to Caterpillar next month and hopefully it will lead to lots of fun and lots of positive encouragement via the reward elements. To find out more visit www.elfforchristmas.co.uk.
Disclosure: We were sent our elf in exchange for an honest review. Words & opinions are all my own.