If you’re looking for a really quick supper today’s recipe could be perfect. We love Asian cooking in our house and particularly a good stir-fry. This one is fast, healthy and really tasty.
What You Need
- Steak, cut into fairly thin strips
- Medium Egg Noodles
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbsp dried coriander leaf
- 1 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Half packet of mangetout
- Half packet of green beans
What You Do
- Gently fry your garlic, chilli, ginger & spring onions in a little olive oil until softened and aromatic
- Add your strips or steak and veggies, and stir-fry for a few minutes until almost cooked to your taste
- Add the rest of the ingredients, along with a splash of water, and leave to simmer with the lid on for five mins
- Cook your noodles according to the packet, drain and serve with the stir-fry. Finish off with a little more soy sauce and some prawn crackers.
Tips & Tags
*healthy halo/under 30 mins*
- This works just as well with chicken or Quorn strips too
- Switch the noodles for my egg fried rice recipe
- Once you stock up on the Asian store cupboard ingredients you’ll find you use them all the time.
For more easy family recipe ideas, check out the Recipe Roundup page.
6 comments on “Quick Beef Stir-fry”
This sounds right up my street! We do a quick beef stir-fry too, but it’s good to change things up a little now and then so might give yours a try instead.
Ok, so it’s not even lunch time and after seeing this pic I’m hungry. Great recipe.
Mmm that sounds rather lovely, and mild enough to be something that I think my children would enjoy too. I’ll have to make this soon!
My husband would love this! It looks delicious and I LOVE recipes which are nice and quick!!
Definitely trying this out!! Looks easy enough with easily available ingredients