This beef stroganoff recipe has been a firm favourite with Hubs and I for many years – I adapted it using several other recipes and removed what we didn’t like and added more of what we did! It’s really quick, tasty & filling.
What You Need
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medallion steaks, sliced into strips
- 1-2 tsps dijon mustard
- 1 tsp paprika
- 300 mls double cream
- Handful of fresh chives, finely chopped
- Rice, to serve
What You Do
- Gently fry the shallots until softened
- Add the steak and brown
- Add the mushrooms, mustard & paprika. Stir-fry for a few minutes
- Pour in the cream, cover & simmer for 15 mins. If it becomes too dry, add a splash of water or stock
- Serve with rice
*naughty nibble/comfort food/winter warmer*
- Switch the cream for creme fraiche or plain yoghurt for a healthier alternative
- This works great with rice, pasta, potatoes or even just green veg as an accompaniment.
For more easy family recipe ideas, check out the Recipe Roundup page.