This blog began life as a place for me to share my experience of PND and anxiety. It’s since broadened to a general parenting blog but I know lots of you have arrived here looking for PND support. Therefore, I’ve decided to create this page to keep all of my PND & anxiety content in one place.
My Experience, Recovery & Life After PND
- A Recovery Story
- Perspective Pills
- Putting Back The Layers
- Doctor, Doctor
- Mightier Than The Sword: Writing & PND
- Then & Now
- Transformation Of A Butterfly: A Year Of Blogging
- Miscarriage After Postnatal Depression
- The Hardest Post I’ll Ever Write (*contains reference to suicide)
Anxiety Symptoms & How To Manage Them
- Insomnia: The Endless Day
- Intrusive Thoughts: Horror Movies In My Mind
- Derealisation: Locked Out Of My Life
- 12 Tools For Managing Anxiety
- Five Tips For Managing Anxiety & Depression During The Holiday Period
- The Present Is A Gift
- Getting The Most Out Of Therapy
- The Benefits Of Routine
- Why I Gave Up Fighting Anxiety
Peer Support, Advocacy & Self-Help
- Hope Is A Good Thing
- The Power Of Peer Support
- Knowledge Is Power: The Importance Of Research In Treating Postnatal Illness
- 100 Weeks Of #PNDhour
- The Importance Of Thankfulness
- Finding Joy In The Journey
- How Do You Self-Care?
- 10 Things I’ve Gained From Postnatal Depression
- Meeting The #PNDfamily
- Coming Clean
- Should Perinatal Mental Illnesses Be Treated Individually?
- Recognising Postnatal Depression
- The RCGP Are Shaping The Future Of Perinatal Mental Health
- Healing, Helping Others & Becoming a Healthwatch Mental Health Ambassador
Motherhood & PND
- Great Expectations
- A Love Letter To My Son After PND
- Grieving The Missing Happiness
- Do I Love My Baby?
- Who Am I Now? Identity After Motherhood
- The Big Decision: Another Baby After PND
- From Me To Me
- Why New Mums Will Always Break My Heart
- A New Era I Never Thought I’d See
For help, support & the best routes to treatment, please see the resources page. If you ever feel you wish to speak to someone who’s been there please come and message me on Facebook, Twitter or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health Research & Advocacy
I’m always keen to take part in any surveys, interviews or trials that will help develop research for future perinatal illness treatments or mental health services.
I’m also available for guest blogging, peer support and public speaking on this topic, as well as working with support groups and mental health charities.
If the above is something that will benefit you or your organisation please email email@example.com.