What You Need
- Prawns or shrimp (frozen or fresh is fine, already cooked is good for speed)
- Fine egg noodles
- 1 onion
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tbsp dry sherry or rice wine
- 2 eggs
- Mange tout
- Frozen peas
- Frozen sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp Light Soy
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
What You Do
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions
- Beat the eggs and fry in a wok until scrambled and cooked
- Add the onions and chilli and fry until softened and aromatic
- Add the sherry & light soy and fry for a few minutes until the alcohol has evaporated
- Add the prawns, noodles, vegetables, five spice and sesame oil and a little water if necessary.
- Heat through and serve
Tips & Tags
- Sesame oil is one of my favourite all time ingredients. We’re big fans of Chinese food and adding just a few drops is a surefire way to add an Asian element to your cooking.
- Swap prawns for chicken breast, sliced beef or Quorn.
- Don’t be afraid to try big Asian flavours when weaning – Caterpillar ate mild curries and stry-fry from early on – but be careful about using soy sauce as it contains a lot of salt.
Please subscribe for more fortnightly recipes and general parenting mayhem.