One of the best things about being a grown up and having your own family is starting your own traditions, and this cheesecake has started to become one of these. And not just at Christmas time, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve made this now and it always goes down a treat. There are lots of Malteser Cheesecake recipes out there so I can’t take credit for it really, this is just my take on it.
What You Need
For the base:
- 100g digestive biscuits
- 200g Maltesers
- 125g melted butter, plus extra for buttering the pan
For the filling:
- 800g cream cheese
- 200ml sour cream
- 200g icing sugar
- Couple of drops of vanilla extract
- 100ml double cream
- A ‘grab bag’ of roughly crushed Maltesers
- Three Crunchie bars, roughly crushed
- Whole Matesers
- Crushed Crunchies
- Quartered Glacier Cherries or Rainbow Sprinkles
- Generously butter a large flan dish
- Crush the biscuits and base Maltesers either in a food processor or in a freezer bag with a rolling pin until a fine crumb consistency
- Mix biscuit mix with the melted butter, press tightly into the base of the dish and chill for at least half an hour
- Beat the cream cheese, sour cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl until less stiff and well combined (a food mixer can save on arm muscle exertion!)
- Beat the double cream to soft peaks and then fold into the cream cheese mixture, along with the crushed Maltesers and Crunchies.
- Pour onto the biscuit base and spread out to a smooth, even finish. Chill for at least two hours and then decorate with the Maltesers, crushed Crunchies and cherries.
Tips & Tags
*naughty nibble/perfect for kids/ideal for entertaining/festive favourite*
- No need to stick to Maltesers and Crunchie; crush up any of your favourite goodies and chunk those in too!
Want more recipes? Check out the others in my series. Enjoy!
8 comments on “Malteser & Honeycomb Cheesecake”
Wowzers! This looks pretty freaking amazing! I will defo be trying this over Crimbo! #TheListLinky
This looks delicious, I’ll have to have a go at making it.
This sounds incredible! Although I would take off the cherries and have more sweets instead haha.
Oh my… this looks divine! I love maltesers #TheList
This looks amazing! I love cheesecake! #TheList
This is making me hungry!!! Looks lush! x
Greаt post. I used to be checking cߋntinuously this blog and I’m inspiｒed!
Extremely helpful info particularly the closing section :
) I tаke care of such info much. I ᥙsed to be looқіng foг this рarticular informatіon for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
Christopher recently posted…Christopher
Omg!! Sounds absolutely gorgeous