Another comfort food classic, this time with a spicy twist. If you love fajitas and burritos, this could be a fun alternative. This is also a great way for getting veggies into kids too.
What You Need
- 3 large chicken breasts (diced)
- 5 large tortilla wraps
- Red onion (finely chopped)
- Red Pepper (finely chopped)
- Yellow Pepper (finely chopped)
- Green Pepper (finely chopped)
- Small tin of sweetcorn (or two handfuls of frozen)
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 tsp chilli powder (depending on how hot you like it)
- Half tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp honey, sugar or sweetener
- 1 tsp dried coriander leaf
- 1 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 100g cheddar cheese
- Sour cream and/or guacamole to serve (optional)
- Gently fry red onion and peppers in a pan in a little olive oil until softened
- Add the diced chicken and fry until browned
- Add the chopped tomatoes, beans, herbs & spices, sweecorn & Worcester sauce.
- Cover & simmer for 20 minutes
- Lightly grease a pie dish and begin to layer the wraps with the chicken mixture, finish with a wrap and generously sprinkle with cheese
- Bake on medium for 20-25 minutes until the top has browned.
Tips & Tags
*perfect for kids/ideal for entertaining/winter warmer*
- Use the filling without the tortillas, switch to low fat cheese and combine with rice and salad for a healthier alternative
- Switch the chicken for mince if preferred
- Switch kidney beans for pinto, black-eyed or chickpeas for some variety
For more family recipes and other food posts, check out my weekly recipe feature.