Happy New Year, everyone. Kicking off 2017 with a super simple recipe which can be made in under 15 minutes (which is great if you’re a little sick of cooking right now as I am). Replicating takeaway foods is never as easy as cookbooks will have you believe as it’s often impossible to replicate their deliciousness without the masses of fat and sugar! However, this really easy egg fried rice is a close second to the real thing, and a lot better for us.
What You Need
- Rice (I use Uncle Bens 10 min boil in the bag – it really is “perfect every time”!)
- 2 or 3 eggs (depending on how eggy you like it)
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- Frozen peas
- Half tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 & a half tsp sesame oil
- Light soy sauce to taste (we use lots)
What You Do
- Cook rice according to the packet and drain.
- Heat the groundnut oil in a wok or frying pan and add the eggs. Stir vigorously until cooked through and scrambled.
- Add rice and soy sauce, combine well with eggs
- Add frozen peas, sesame oil, five spice and more soy.
- Stir well until well combined and hot through
- Serve with your favourite Chinese dish or on it’s own as a snack
Tips & Tags
*healthy halo/quick dinner*
- Add meat or prawns to make it a full meal in itself.
- Sesame oil is one of favourite ingredients, it gives an instant Asian kick to any meal.
For more family recipes and other food posts, check out my weekly recipe feature and please subscribe to receive alerts to all my posts.