Hello and thank you for hopping over from My Thoughts On Things and welcome to the 11th day of #12DaysOfParenting. Today’s sponsor is Plyt who are offering a Plyt Board Game and the theme is 12 ways parents can relax this season. My keyword to enter today’s giveaway is in this post below, good luck!
Full details of the #12DaysOfParenting terms and conditions can be found on the #12DaysOfParenting page and all entries are to be completed via the Rafflecopter at the bottom of this post.
Christmas is an incredibly busy and sometimes stressful time for parents so when you finally get a few hours to relax, whether that be miraculously during the lead up or just after Christmas, make sure you use it.
- Take a long bath – an oldie but a goodie. Turn your average bath into a relaxation paradise by adding tons of products, music & candles.
- Do your nails – sounds ridiculous but painting your nails or any other kind of beauty activity gives our confidence a boost.
- Meditate – I’ve mentioned before how helpful meditation can be, I use the Headspace app.
- Visit the cinema – why not take advantage of the dead zone between Christmas and New Year; rope in a sitter and catch a holiday flick with your other half.
- A classic box set – no sitter? Then why not snuggle down with a classic box set – perhaps something you always used to love watching together back in the day.
- Cook together – preparing a meal together, whilst supping a nice glass of wine of course, is a great way to relax together without the distractions of TV or other devices. Or forget cooking altogether and trade in the stove for a big platter of shop bought cheese, deli meat and breads.
- See your girlfriends – Christmas is all about family and kids so why not buck the trend and put a night aside to go for a drink with your friends sans kiddos, where you can vent your Christmas stress away.
- Have a games night – I love playing games, and it’s what Christmas is all about in my opinion. De-stress by dusting off the Monopoly or get hysterical with newer, more controversial games like Cards Against Humanity (not for the light-hearted or easily offended!).
- Holiday catch up – now Caterpillar is in school he has a lot less time to play with his non-school friends. Use the holidays to get together which has the added bonus of the kids being entertained by each other, thus reducing the pressure on you!
- Gym – we’re all guilty of feeling sluggish and groggy after the excesses of Christmas so force yourself to do some exercise if that’s your thing (can you tell it’s not mine?)
- Get Crafty – indulging in creative hobbies feeds the soul so try to find time to do this during the Christmas break.
- Music – not much hobby time available? A simple shake around the kitchen to your favourite tunes will help raise your mood and relax your mind.
Today’s Codeword is: Wine, if you would like to read another post and gain another entry, then head over to Me And B Make Tea for their take on 12 ways parents can relax this season.
To enter the grand prize draw, head over to 12 Days Of Parenting where you can also find all the #12DaysOfParentingPosts so you wont miss any!